April 5, 2008
Confusion On a Spring Day
The winds are swirling
within my mind
thoughts are buzzing.
I can't find peace,
but the air is cool
and the sun is shining,
sending her rays to dance
Upon my skin, tingling.
but lust isn't the same as love
and i want lust for only
the one i love.
but not everything is perfect
and i must keep up
the strength i have acquired
to hold back the unwanted desires.
so wash me clean
pour cold water across my head
let me taste the fresh
crisp taste of this rain
that sparkles under the sky.
let my eyes feel new
as drops flow down my upturned head,
brushingclinging to my eyelashes.
my hair is dark,
hugging my shoulders
as the water runs
down my neck,
gracing down my back,
drenching me in forgiveness
covering me in simple bliss.
a slight smile,
my arms reaching for the sun,
I think of the one I truly love
and the breeze starts softly
gracing my skin
and drying the drops,
soaking them into each pore,
a part of me forever.
swirling,
the world spins
and all my thoughts
twist in the air around me,
my thoughts relax, and
as I tumble to the soft
loft of the rolling hills
and many shades of green,
I stare at the depth of blue,
whisper my truth,
and slip into the only place
I have ever really belonged.
within my mind
thoughts are buzzing.
I can't find peace,
but the air is cool
and the sun is shining,
sending her rays to dance
Upon my skin, tingling.
but lust isn't the same as love
and i want lust for only
the one i love.
but not everything is perfect
and i must keep up
the strength i have acquired
to hold back the unwanted desires.
so wash me clean
pour cold water across my head
let me taste the fresh
crisp taste of this rain
that sparkles under the sky.
let my eyes feel new
as drops flow down my upturned head,
brushingclinging to my eyelashes.
my hair is dark,
hugging my shoulders
as the water runs
down my neck,
gracing down my back,
drenching me in forgiveness
covering me in simple bliss.
a slight smile,
my arms reaching for the sun,
I think of the one I truly love
and the breeze starts softly
gracing my skin
and drying the drops,
soaking them into each pore,
a part of me forever.
swirling,
the world spins
and all my thoughts
twist in the air around me,
my thoughts relax, and
as I tumble to the soft
loft of the rolling hills
and many shades of green,
I stare at the depth of blue,
whisper my truth,
and slip into the only place
I have ever really belonged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment