April 5, 2008
Arachnophobia At It's Best
Monsters, You Stay Away! I Can Smell Your Decay!
Blackness devours my eyes; my hand is a stranger in front of my own face. A sour, putrid smell forces its way into my nose, causing my wide, searching eyes to itch and water. I cough in attempt to rid the decaying smell from my system, trying to clear from my thoughts the scent that lingers in some forgotten corner of this room . My arm reaches out into the abyss, and I can almost feel the darkness eat at my skin. I take several steps forward, searching for a switch that will reveal this mysterious room, my feet scuffling along the rough pavement below. The staleness of the air informs me there are no windows or apertures present inside this prison like area.
Finally, the cold concrete wall finds my reaching fingertips. Sliding my hand along the rough surface, I find the switch. A chill runs along my arm, as if I had just been shocked from the electricity that buzzes behind these thick walls. Suddenly, a feeling of something scurrying up my arm tingles along my skin. I flick on the switch, and observe a large arachnid crouched on my forearm. About the size of a softball, its long, sharp, black fangs drip with a tawny liquid. Its blank eyes, numbered about fifty, stare directly into my own two, frightened eyes. The hair prickling out of the leather-like skin raises and pokes into my arm, leaving hundreds of small red spots.
The hot blood bubbling from the wounds wake me up from my panic. A quick rustling flips inside my abdomen, rising like lightning up past my chest, lodging itself in my throat. Finally, my scream erupts into the dead silence like a firecracker in the night. Rapidly, the spider switched positions and sank its needle like fangs into me. Numbness shocked through my arm, and a gangrene color spider-webbed along my skin, racing away from the puncture wound, like rapidly growing green vines. Vomit choked my scream. Turning around, it placed it's backside inside one of the holes created from the bite and released tiny white spheres, which were lurid in sight.
Shortly after, the spider sprung from my arm and attached to the wall. Looking back down at my arm, I saw the wound begin to swell like a growing volcano, and soon my skin, pink and swollen, erupted as tiny spiders scampered and crawled up my arm. I gazed around me in a daze, and I noticed for the first time the multitude of rotting human carcasses that were strewn around me; their mouths opened in a continuous, silent scream, and the eye sockets carved empty and dark. Hundreds of giant spiders weaved themselves through the rib cages of the bodies, now turned into habitats for these monsters. Gray skin hung from the yellowed bones.
The sudden feeling of an extreme itch pulls my terrified eyes back towards my arms. Half of my skin had already been devoured by these tiny fiends. My head began to spin. My eyesight clouded by fear as well as the poison as I realized my end.
Blackness devours my eyes; my hand is a stranger in front of my own face. A sour, putrid smell forces its way into my nose, causing my wide, searching eyes to itch and water. I cough in attempt to rid the decaying smell from my system, trying to clear from my thoughts the scent that lingers in some forgotten corner of this room . My arm reaches out into the abyss, and I can almost feel the darkness eat at my skin. I take several steps forward, searching for a switch that will reveal this mysterious room, my feet scuffling along the rough pavement below. The staleness of the air informs me there are no windows or apertures present inside this prison like area.
Finally, the cold concrete wall finds my reaching fingertips. Sliding my hand along the rough surface, I find the switch. A chill runs along my arm, as if I had just been shocked from the electricity that buzzes behind these thick walls. Suddenly, a feeling of something scurrying up my arm tingles along my skin. I flick on the switch, and observe a large arachnid crouched on my forearm. About the size of a softball, its long, sharp, black fangs drip with a tawny liquid. Its blank eyes, numbered about fifty, stare directly into my own two, frightened eyes. The hair prickling out of the leather-like skin raises and pokes into my arm, leaving hundreds of small red spots.
The hot blood bubbling from the wounds wake me up from my panic. A quick rustling flips inside my abdomen, rising like lightning up past my chest, lodging itself in my throat. Finally, my scream erupts into the dead silence like a firecracker in the night. Rapidly, the spider switched positions and sank its needle like fangs into me. Numbness shocked through my arm, and a gangrene color spider-webbed along my skin, racing away from the puncture wound, like rapidly growing green vines. Vomit choked my scream. Turning around, it placed it's backside inside one of the holes created from the bite and released tiny white spheres, which were lurid in sight.
Shortly after, the spider sprung from my arm and attached to the wall. Looking back down at my arm, I saw the wound begin to swell like a growing volcano, and soon my skin, pink and swollen, erupted as tiny spiders scampered and crawled up my arm. I gazed around me in a daze, and I noticed for the first time the multitude of rotting human carcasses that were strewn around me; their mouths opened in a continuous, silent scream, and the eye sockets carved empty and dark. Hundreds of giant spiders weaved themselves through the rib cages of the bodies, now turned into habitats for these monsters. Gray skin hung from the yellowed bones.
The sudden feeling of an extreme itch pulls my terrified eyes back towards my arms. Half of my skin had already been devoured by these tiny fiends. My head began to spin. My eyesight clouded by fear as well as the poison as I realized my end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment