April 10, 2008
You Say You've Never Felt Jealousy
Scratching inside of your chest?
Well then, if you ever cared about this boy
And you heard what he once said of that girl,
Then you would know.
And, you'd feel it, and you'd hate it.
And, you'd hear it in his voice
And you'd close your eyes
And try to ignore it.
But you've obviously never heard,
And you obviously never cared,
So no wonder you've never felt.
Why couldn't I have known him first.
And maybe that's a little selfish,
But, just because she's always been pretty,
She has had the first hand on most.
And has hurt with her nasty little fetish.
Because she's always been petty,
Which only makes it harder for me
To get this boy to trust.
And it just seems that her trash
Is a beautiful treasure to me.
And I wish him all the love in the world
But most of all I wish it from myself.
But, maybe that's a little selfish.
It's possible that he is hurting worse than I.
I wish I could know
That he knows that
She doesn't deserve
The slightest bit of kindess
After all that she has done.
I can't believe I am banging
My head against the wall again.
But, this time it's different
He is sincere and understands
The difference between
A girl and an accessory.
I've heard the pain in his voice,
It brought tears to my eyes.
In that dingy gas station,
I'd never have know it could
become a place to hold
Such an event as bringing
Together two people.
That pain meant he had loved and lost
And I hope that he doesn't dwell
On what was and thinks of what is.
I hope that she didn't ruin
The chance that I could have
That I might have
With this beautiful boy.
She doesn't deserve
That much power over him.
And, I don't that much power
To be placed over me.
I just want to show him
What I can give.
If only I could show him
How I Feel when he's around,
And even when he's away,
He wouldn't bother me,
And maybe then he will learn
That I can be trusted.
Well then, if you ever cared about this boy
And you heard what he once said of that girl,
Then you would know.
And, you'd feel it, and you'd hate it.
And, you'd hear it in his voice
And you'd close your eyes
And try to ignore it.
But you've obviously never heard,
And you obviously never cared,
So no wonder you've never felt.
Why couldn't I have known him first.
And maybe that's a little selfish,
But, just because she's always been pretty,
She has had the first hand on most.
And has hurt with her nasty little fetish.
Because she's always been petty,
Which only makes it harder for me
To get this boy to trust.
And it just seems that her trash
Is a beautiful treasure to me.
And I wish him all the love in the world
But most of all I wish it from myself.
But, maybe that's a little selfish.
It's possible that he is hurting worse than I.
I wish I could know
That he knows that
She doesn't deserve
The slightest bit of kindess
After all that she has done.
I can't believe I am banging
My head against the wall again.
But, this time it's different
He is sincere and understands
The difference between
A girl and an accessory.
I've heard the pain in his voice,
It brought tears to my eyes.
In that dingy gas station,
I'd never have know it could
become a place to hold
Such an event as bringing
Together two people.
That pain meant he had loved and lost
And I hope that he doesn't dwell
On what was and thinks of what is.
I hope that she didn't ruin
The chance that I could have
That I might have
With this beautiful boy.
She doesn't deserve
That much power over him.
And, I don't that much power
To be placed over me.
I just want to show him
What I can give.
If only I could show him
How I Feel when he's around,
And even when he's away,
He wouldn't bother me,
And maybe then he will learn
That I can be trusted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment